Join all of Pack 996 for our annual Fall Campout! This year we will be going to Del Valle. This is a great chance for new and experienced campers to enjoy a one night camping experience that is close to home.
- Please sign-up by ordering 1 ticket for EACH family member who will be attending. Be sure to include your scout’s name and den number when ordering.
- The $10 per person fee will be returned to everyone who attends the campout
- A maximum of 150 people can attend this camping event so sign-up quickly!
- Note that parking is limited to ONLY 30 SPACES. We will be distributing parking passes to carpoolers so please plan to travel together
Schedule: To be announced through email
Harming Wildlife Discipline Policy: Any Scout, Sibling, or any other member of a Scout’s family found to have willfully & maliciously inflicted injury or death to any wildlife will be asked to leave the event immediately. The Scout’s entire family will be asked to leave the event, and a meeting will be arranged between the Scout’s family and Cubmaster for the week following the event to discuss the situation.
If you witness any violation of this policy: Notify the Leader in charge of the event and the Cubmaster (if present) immediately so the action can be taken to prevent further harm to wildlife.
What can I bring into the event?
- Here is a website for those who are new to camping: http://www.pack996.org/scout-resource/new-campers-2/
- You will also receive an update before the event
How do I reach the campsite?
- Exit I-580 in Livermore at North Livermore Ave. Head south and proceed through town (North Livermore Ave will become South Livermore Ave in town, then becomes Tesla Rd). About 1.5 miles outside of town, turn right at Mines Rd, go 3.5 miles, and continue straight on Del Valle Rd (Mines Rd turns left). The park entrance is about four miles ahead. Address: 7000 Del Valle Rd.
- The Hetch Hetchy campsite is a HIKE-IN group site (minimum size 11, maximum capacity 150) on the lake, a one-mile walk north of the east-side marina. We will provide more details about parking & unloading gear as the camping date approaches.
Where can I find more information about the campground?
What is the money for?
- The money collected through is used as a deposit for the camping event.
What’s the refund policy?
- The Pack will refund the $10/person fee for everyone who attends the camp. If you purchase a ticket, but do not attend, you will not receive a refund.