Join Pack 996 as we go for a hike The Tassajara Ridge Trail in San Ramon.
This is an earthen trail beginning at the Tassajara Ridge Staging Area off of Windermere Parkway. The trail features rolling hills and overlooks that provide an excellent view of San Ramon, Dublin, and Danville. On clear days, you’ll also catch a perfect view of Mt. Diablo. The best time of year to explore this trail is during the spring and early summer when the hills are a luscious green, the wildflowers are in full bloom, and cows can be found grazing along the paths. Hikers may encounter cows, mountain bikers and equestrians. So make sure you have your cow jokes ready!
- We will meet at the Tassjara Ridge Staging Area.
- 12295 Windemere Pkwy, San Ramon, CA 94582
- We will hike about 3 miles in total and take in the views of hills leading to Livermore on one side and Windermere and Gale Ranch areas of San Ramon on the other side
- There are restrooms, water, and ample parking at the staging area.
- This trail offers NO shade, so be sure to bring extra water and a hat and described in the Cub Scout Six Essentials for Hiking
Hikers should wear closed toe shoes and be prepared with their Cub Scout Six Essentials for Hiking.